There are several reasons that can explain water infiltration into the walls. This seemingly innocuous phenomenon has the particularity of causing short- or long-term damage depending on the nature of the wall attacked. When such a situation arises, you must be able to find a safe and effective solution. The rest of this text will bring you solutions to overcome this problem.
Get an idea of the causes of infiltration
There are several reasons for such a problem. These can be summarized as follows:
- one or more pipe leaks that cause aqueous damage;
- the lack of insulation that leads to the proliferation of mold and saltpeter;
- the presence of a multitude of cracks on the walls, which allows them to absorb water;
- the lack of sealing.
These various problems have a different scale of impact on the walls. When we are called upon to solve an infiltration problem, the nature of our work depends on the extent of the damage.
Use all procedures that fit each case
As we have already said, each case has its realities. You cannot afford to use the method that works with situation X on a problem of Y.
Case of infiltration caused by a leak
When this kind of thing happens, your wall behaves like a towel and absorbs a lot of water. The treatment to be observed in this type of situation is as follows:
- Give the wall time to dry: It may sound weird, but you can’t do any work on a wall that’s still wet. Once the latter is dry, you can put a coating or apply paint;
- Most of the time, it is also possible to use fans or radiators to speed up the drying of the wet wall;
- You can also use a dewatering plant. Its role is to accelerate the drying of the wall by injecting electrical impulses.
Many other means exist, but those mentioned above remain the most used.
Case of a wall gangrenous by mold like saltpeter
In general, mold appears because of a high concentration of moisture. The most common treatment measures to address this problem are:
- use a product specifically designed to combat mould: you must ensure that these products are used correctly;
- wait until the wall is dry and then apply one or more anti-moisture undercoats;
- Finally, pass one or more coats of anti-moisture paint depending on the severity of the problem to be treated.
These tips, although standard, do not stop there. It may happen that the problem persists after all the efforts made. In these circumstances, it is important to accurately identify the source of the problem so that a suitable solution can be used. And if you can’t, call a professional: Fissure-Expert.
Call on an expert in the field
An expert, thanks to his attributions, is better qualified to advise you on the right course of action. To this end, we believe that our company Fissure-Expert will be able to adequately meet your expectations.
In fact, we have accumulated over the years a great deal of experience in the management and repair of foundation cracks. With the help of our many collaborators, we accompany you in almost all the steps related to this work. Our mission is to guide you to the best possible solutions even before the repair of the walls is done.
On the one hand, it will strengthen the foundation of your home and on the other hand, it will ensure its viability and waterproofing. Our credo is accentuated around respect for customers and their satisfaction. With us, the customer is king. We have many techniques that allow us to deal with any kind of water infiltration through a wall. As a result, a foundation crack is no longer a major problem for us. We offer a multitude of services that will help you, among others:
- repair interior cracks on concrete foundations;
- perform repairs to window corner cracks;
- repair holes in concrete;
- perform repairs and maintenance on elevator pits.
This list is not exhaustive and already demonstrates all the know-how of our company. With Fissure-Expert, you are guaranteed that a quick and appropriate response will be given to your situation.